Day Habilitation is a program in the community which supports adults in learning new skills keeping and improving their current skills. The program takes part in and exposes the participants in community activities, introduces them to people outside of their immediate community, fosters new friendships, assist them in becoming part of their neighborhood.
Jewel Human Service, Inc. Day Habilitation program is the program that supports and helps its participants learn what they need to know, to be more independent and to be an active member in the community. Some of the supports will help you learn to:
- Be active in the community
- Get along with other people,
- Respond appropriately in different situations,
- Use public transportation, to find alternate ways to negotiate
- Become a self-advocate and,
- To go places with less help
We schedule activities and contract volunteer sites that participants are interested in and where they can experience doing something that interest them and learn employee integrity and expectations.